We have a few early-stage companies seeking a Recruiting Specialist. The position will be located at Playground (in Palo Alto, near Caltrain)
strives to be the best early-stage investment firm by using its vision and deep understanding of technology to help shape companies that will have a multi-generational impact.
The Recruiting Specialist will ensure that all candidates are efficiently moved through the hiring funnel. You will support the candidates through every step of the application process to ensure that their experience is delightful. You are a self-starter who loves the thrill of the chase, driven by sourcing fundamentals. You have the desire to build new processes that identify and attract new candidates and are excited to join a fast-growing team. You will partner with recruiters and hiring managers to establish your sourcing plan and then implement. Candidates for this role should have a passion for people and an outgoing, yet professional demeanor. We’re looking for someone who is extremely organized and has a great attitude.
• Support our Recruiting team throughout the whole recruitment process (initial outreach, scheduling interviews, coordinating candidate schedules, checking references, running background checks, updating job postings)
• Strong focus on Sourcing active and passive candidates through networking, complex internet searches, databases, and research.
• Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create innovative sourcing strategies.
• Act as a search expert for a functional area by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications and search requirements.
• Partner with recruiters to generate ideas, leverage resources and share information that facilitates an effective search process.
• Create and own the candidate experience ensuring the Lacuna brand is strong through the recruiting process
• Identify process improvement areas and solutions, share and encourage best practices with the rest of the Recruiting and People Ops team
• Oversee multiple hiring pipelines while preserving data integrity, and keep our applicant tracking system up to date
• Help draft creative and compelling Job Descriptions
• Manage all external job postings through different hiring outlets
• Run and develop recruiting analytics to provide clarity and direction on where to focus our recruiting efforts.
• 1-3 years prior experience managing a recruiting pipeline in a startup environment is much preferred
• An attitude that is both positive and team player-like
• Someone who brings great energy to the team, office, and candidates
• Smarts. We need you to be the kind of person that can anticipate needs and execute independently in the face of ambiguity.
• Know what makes people tick – people need to be handled differently. While some will react immediately to your emails, others will prefer text messages or appreciate a phone call.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Organization - Able to multitask and prioritize accordingly with high sense of urgency.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Interest in sourcing efforts and connecting with amazing people.
• Ability to generate a high volume / high quality pipeline of candidates under very tight timelines.