Essential Products is a well funded stealth consumer product company focused on lifestyle products in the mobile era. We are an organic company created inside Playground Global. As an seasoned Electrical Engineer, you will be part of our embedded system design team building consumer electronics products. You have a solid hardware board design background and experience building/shipping CE products. You also have knowledge of system architecture. You will be directly involved in defining overall product architecture and PCB design to achieve lowest possible cost and achieve best hardware performance.
- Lead electrical hardware development for consumer electronic products from concept into production. Specify and optimize electrical architecture for features, cost and manufacturability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hardware architecture for next generation systems. The role will require system integration ability.
- Drive new design concepts through exploration, prototyping, development, and into mass production.
- Collaborate with other team members, including software, mechanical engineering, industrial design, and outside partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant work experience in embedded/mobile system design, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up, PCB manufacturing, and product NPI experience.
- Detailed knowledge of embedded environments; intimately familiar with microprocessor and microcontroller design.
- Practical design expertise in SoC, memories, displays, batteries, power supply, camera, sensors and analog design. Expertise with broad range of PCB technologies: rigid, flex, hybrid, etc.
- Experience in bringing multiple high volume products to mass production.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience with wireless communication interfaces and sensors.
- Ability to write drivers and firmware in C.
- Knowledge of Linux, Chrome OS or Android embedded environments.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers in hardware development.