Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
Role at a Glance
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Manager to support the growing Biller Solutions team. You will manage projects from inception through completion and work with a cross-functional team of internal partners to help scope and administer projects. You are an imaginative and resourceful person, whose communication skills are unparalleled. You are a natural leader, thoughtful decision-maker, and love to work both independently and collaboratively. While organized and methodical in your approach, you also bring a creative touch to your work. You are passionate about Plastiq’s mission and excited to help the company exceed its goals.
First 90-day priorities:
- Establish key project management process and flows
- Support our design and engineering teams to ensure product delivery and quality
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely and successful product deployment
- Responsible for developing project scope, budget, and timeline
- Work across the company to define business requirements for each project
- Work with cross-functional project team to develop project design and ensure all product, technical and operational requirements are captured in project plans
- Communicate and seek approval of project plans at several stages of development to keep peers and team informed of progress
- Coordinate the design process, weekly project meetings, and status updates both internally and externally
- Track budgets and schedules and ensure both are met throughout the project
- Prepare and deliver presentations illustrating the project intentions, budget, and timeline
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Marketing, Operations, Business Administration, or closely related field and three years of experience.
- 2-3 years professional related work experience (Operations/Program Management) working in a corporate or start-up environment that involved leading cross-functional teams and demonstrating operational excellence.
- PMO trained with great understanding of multi-channel marketing and associated technologies and processes.
- Experience working effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment, especially working across marketing teams, product
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity and teamwork.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of when to take initiative and when to escalate
- Motivated to learn and adopt new technology and principles.
- Able to independently drive projects through to completion; able to plan and prioritize multiple programs and tasks effectively.
- Ability to achieve project goals in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.