About the Role
As the Senior Email Marketing Manager, you will plan and develop the overall life-cycle marketing strategy for all of Plastiq.com, with a particular emphasis on email campaign marketing. You will contribute to the design and execution of email campaigns, collaborating closely with the Member Marketing team. Additionally, you’ll own quality checks for creative and list selection/approvals, ensuring that list selections meets approved guidelines and are on time. You’ll execute key triggered and journey automated campaigns, including retention and marketing emails.
You’ll use your expertise in CRM marketing to champion and advance the organization’s utilization of CRM tools, including dynamic segmentation, analytics-driven content targeting, personalization and dynamic email templates. You will serve as the technical expert for Salesforce / Exact target across the company, owning documentation and training. We will reply upon your expertise and experience as you make recommendations for improvement as needed.
Flexing your creative muscles, you will draft copy and create images, coding and testing to measure and benchmark results. You’ll also review content provided by our brand team for consistency, clarity and effectiveness, including grammatical clarity, CAN-SPAM, & legal compliance.
- A marketer with 5 years of experience in CRM, database and retention marketing in a multi-channel technology organization
- Fluent in B2B SMB marketing concepts and best practices
- An email marketing expert who has developed strategies and creative direction, with deep knowledge of CAN-SPAM and related systems/vendors and analytics
- Data-driven and analytical, a dedicated practitioner of insight-driven CRM marketing
- Experience with multiple email and marketing automation platforms, Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Experienced in web design at a functional level, with enough HTML experience to make changes to email design when needed
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with effective interpersonal skills
Preferred Additional Experience
- Direct mail experience
- Push notification campaign management and execution experience