Plastiq enables businesses and consumers to use their credit card to pay for virtually any expenses, even those that normally require a check.
We acquire customers directly and through partners. We are seeking an experience Partnership Development individual to join our team and focus on securing partnerships with leading companies that serve the Business markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ambitious to learn how to turn innovative thinking into an industry leading brand and platform.
Role at a Glance
As the Partnership Development Manager, you will focus on securing partnerships that will drive the acquisition of new Plastiq customers through leading companies such as Small Business Accounting platforms, Small Business lenders and other financial technology companies serving the Small Business markets.
● You will refine and further develop our existing list of target partners, including Channel partners that market to them
● You will proactively move prospects through the process – qualifying, securing and conducting meetings, negotiating and securing agreements
● You will develop and execute outreach programs to secure meetings with prospects
● You will identify and document Partner needs and requirements, as well as communicate those to our product team
● With 10 years of sales or business development experience - this isn’t your first time developing and managing partnerships with large Partners
● You thrive on and have experience engaging with and selling new concepts to Accounting and Financial platforms, Payment and Fintech companies, Small Business lenders and other companies targeting the business markets
● Your skill set includes proven pipeline development, prospecting, business development and closing abilities
● You excel at developing and executing prospect outreach programs to secure meetings with prospects
● You are highly organized
● You have experience in billing, payments and/or fintech
● A bachelor’s degree
● You adapt to changing situations and have confidence in dealing with ambiguity while remaining focused on your goals
● You are a collaborative team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
● You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of energy and drive
Plastiq is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with an additional office in Boston, MA. The Partnership Business Development Manager can be located in San Francisco, CA, the New York Metropolitan area, or Chicago, IL. This role can operate from a home office, with frequent travel within the US for client meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.