Plastiq enables businesses and consumers to pay with a credit card for virtually any expense, even those that normally require a check.
We just raised an additional $30 million in capital from leading venture firms such as Kleiner Perkins to scale our business, grow our team and increase the number of buyers and sellers in our network.
We are increasing our focus on acquiring customers through partners such as Banks, Payment Companies and Commercial Suppliers and are seeking experienced Partnership Development individuals to join our growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ambitious to learn how to turn innovative thinking into an industry leading brand and platform.
Role at a Glance
As the Partnership Business Development Manager, you will focus on securing partnerships that will drive the acquisition of new customer for Plastiq through Card Issuers, Payment Companies and Commercial Suppliers. This customer-facing role focuses on securing distribution agreements with these target partners and the channel partners who market to them.
- You will refine and further develop our existing list of target prospects, including Channel partners
- You will proactively move prospects through the process – qualifying, securing and conducting meetings, negotiating and securing agreements
- You will develop and execute outreach programs to secure meetings with prospects
- You will identify and document Partner needs and requirements, as well as communicate those to our product team
- With 8+ years of sales or business development experience, with an emphasis in developing and managing partnerships with large Partners
- You thrive on and have experience engaging with and selling new concepts to professionals in the worlds of Cards & Payments, Finance, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Your skill set includes proven pipeline development, prospecting, business development and closing abilities
- You excel at developing and executing prospect outreach programs to secure meetings with prospects
- You are highly organized
- You have experience in billing, payments and/or fintech
- You have earned a bachelor’s degree or beyond
Plastiq is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with an additional office in Boston, MA. The Partnership Business Development Manager can be located in San Francisco, CA, the New York Metropolitan area, or Chicago, IL. This role can operate from a home office, with frequent travel within the US for client meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.