Plastiq is looking for an experienced, dynamic and Director of Risk to lead our Risk teams.
You will be responsible for Plastiq’s fraud and chargeback rates and the people, policies and procedures that impact them. You need to be a strong people leader, both in hiring and managing. You should be forward looking with a solid grasp of technology, payments, and fraud trends and have a healthy level of skepticism, like all strong Risk leaders. You are able to work with sales people to understand the risks of complex transactions, with product people to advocate for features and tools, with data analysts to identify trends, and with other operational teams to enhance the customer experience.
You’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves to work with your teams, strategize for your function and the business overall and execute multiple tactics concurrently. You’ll need to work comfortably in a dynamic and changing environment.
You will report to the Head of Operations.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Manage team of risk analysts who manually review a subset of our payments
- Maintain our extremely low chargeback and loss rates
- Own the user vetting and underwriting processes
- Drive Plastiq’s risk policies and procedures
- Ensure possible compliance issues and questions are escalated to Compliance
- Operationalize some aspects of compliance monitoring
Sales Risk Consulting
- Help Plastiq’s business grow safely by working closely with our Sales and Account Development teams on complex payments
- Establish policies and procedures that balance business growth and risk
Data & Analytics
- Manage Plastiq’s risk data and rules engine to maintain loss rates at lower manual review levels
- Evaluate tools and features for managing fraud, compliance, and team efficiency
- Drive the next generation of Plastiq’s risk systems
- 15+ years of experience in Risk functions, enabling a forward looking approach
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Significant experience in financial technology
- 10+ years of operational management experience
- Very strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication
- Ability to prioritize while also maintaining organization and control
- Effective cross-functional leader
- Desire to get hands dirty in the details and ability to transition to strategic leadership role
- Credit card or payments industry experience
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and data access tools a plus