Join the Plastiq Engineering Team at a time of rapid growth!
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Plastiq, Inc. is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Plastiq, Inc., we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Role At A Glance
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to add to our Engineering Team. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
Why this role is awesome
- You will be a key technology leader with a vision within our organization.
- You will help scale our payment platform as we grow.
- You will mentor peers with the latest software development techniques for delivering quality software at scale.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. We are building a component-based front-end written in React.JS. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use node.js/GraphQL, which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years software architecture experience working on complex distributed systems
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Deep and varied experience with other object oriented languages (Java, PHP, etc)
- Love working on all parts of the technology stack and owning a problem end to end
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL) and with NoSQL stores like MongoDB
- Prior experience with Docker, Apache, AWS, Serverless
- You feel comfortable working with existing code and refactoring
- You live Test Driven Development
- You are willing to take risks and move fast – done is better than perfect!
- You've developed a deep understanding of REST API design
- You learn quickly, and you’re adaptable and versatile.
- You have no trouble multitasking, potentially on different stacks.
- Own development and delivery for large features
- Define software architecture and design, select technologies
- Define and lead work breakdown and execution of large product features and projects
- Hands-on development of code, complete with automated tests that is scalable and maintainable
- Train and mentor other specialists
- Do QA: engineers are responsible for the quality of their code!
- Do DevOps: engineers deploy and maintain production code!
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.