As Product Lead, Merchant Services, your goals are to create the product roadmap and drive the growth of our payment recipient customer base. This new role at Plastiq provides you the opportunity to build the Merchant Services business from the ground up - truly a “startup within a startup” - with the benefit of already having an existing customer base. To be successful, you’ll create a clearly defined product, sales and sales implementation strategy, leading a team that includes sales, customer support and engineers. Your team will own the successful creation, implementation and launch of Merchant-oriented products and services, collaborating closely to help define and refine the Plastiq Merchant product offering. Together, you’ll design a compelling engagement process from initial reach out through onboarding to establish Plastiq as the top recommended payment recipient method for merchants who do not directly accept credit cards.
You are someone who understands the SMB and payments landscapes, and has a passion for the early growth stage of a new business unit. You possess a test-and-learn mindset and excel in a fast-paced environment. As a people leader, you know how to motivate, coach, and drive your team to get results, fostering a work culture where talented professionals can thrive.
Product Lead, Merchant Services
- You will own and develop the Merchant Services product strategy, building a seamless, scalable acquisition, onboarding, and implementation experience for customers
- You will drive impact across process, product and people to 10x the merchant services business
- You will hire the team required across sales, customer support, and analytics
- You will use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to lead the design and execution of process improvement tests
- You will motivate and inspire our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering and business operations teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- You will use your ownership mentality to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You have 10+ years of experience in Product Management; experience in a General Management capacity preferred
- You can build high performing teams - hiring, inspiring and managing talent
- You have direct leadership experience within high-growth organization; startup experience is preferred
- You have a proven track record of leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- You are analytical and can bring relevant recommendations out of complex datasets
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills