Plastiq is looking for a positive, inspiring, and seasoned brand marketer to lead and build a small and mighty team. You will be responsible for building and growing a team, developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to senior leaders and cross functional teams. You will also be responsible for managing a team that implements and executes marketing initiatives and activities including campaigns to build awareness including PR, social, digital and traditional campaigns. To be successful in this role, you should find yourself nodding in agreement with the following:
You’re the keeper of the brand - Work with teams on positioning, right voice, visual look & feel so that emotional resonance comes through. You are a strategic and inspirational leader who takes a creative approach to simplifying a complex B2B category, while managing and building the brand and your team.
Build brand from scratch - You know how to guide with appropriate research and insights. You can start scrappy with channels like PR and social and you don't need a big TV budget or built-out production process in order to successfully reach new and existing customers.
Passionate Brand Leader - You will be building a team, so you are confident enough to ensure that others follow your direction and you can build and manage your own team. You should help the team be successful, learn and grow, and ensure that the team you build and manage trust you as a leader.
Brand Metrics Pro - You can, and want to, engage with leadership and recommend the best metrics to measure brand success. You have experience analyzing data and research and can use that to determine KPI’s for your team. You would excel in helping the whole company understand how to build a brand, measure it, and how to define metrics of success.
Two of Three - You have to have experience in at least two of these three areas: Fintech, B2B marketing, and/or at least 1 startup.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field - MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience in marketing and running a marketing team - building a team from scratch a plus
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - ability to clearly communicate marketing plans company-wide on a consistent basis
- Prior experience developing and driving a world-class brand
- Strong portfolio around brand strategy, brand growth, and experience managing a team and vendors is a must.