Role At A Glance
We are seeking an extraordinary engineering manager / lead to be a part of our team. If you have a technical background and are interested in all the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit as our first Engineering Manager at Plastiq. This is a new position that reports directly to the CTO and will have autonomy to achieve our product and technical goals.
As an Engineering Manager you will lead, manage, and contribute code with a team of passionate engineers. You will engage and develop engineers on your team, and guide their efforts as they undertake a wide variety of technical challenges. You’ll also lead the team technically and contribute code on a weekly basis to new features and new projects. This role requires a manager that knows best practices for scalable software and architecture.
Our Stack: Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. On the frontend, we use Angular and React. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use PHP and MySQL (with a little Node), which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java. We deliver all this in a hybrid public/private cloud environment.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor.
- Empathetic while still being able to challenge that we are doing things right.
- Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical folks.
- Experience delivering product in an agile (Kanban ideally) environment.
- Manage multiple agile sprints and facilitate estimation and retrospectives for the teams.
- Help to identify inefficiencies in our process and execution model.
- Passionate about people management and mentoring engineers to success.
- Enthusiastic in supporting team members’ individual career goals.
- Solid project management skills
- You have familiarity with several of the technologies in our stack
- You love recruiting, retaining, and developing teams of world-class engineers
- You encourage individual & team development through regular pair programming, weekly “War Room Wednesday”, internal tech talks and hackathons.
- You can define and run all aspects of the Software Development Process and manage all processes necessary to operate an effective engineering team including estimation and retrospectives.
- You have no trouble engaging with the Product team to plan and execute the product roadmap.
- You frequently monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process.
- You lead engineering design sessions, hold code reviews and provide feedback.
- You are willing to jump in and do coding and bug fixing as needed.
- Support the CTO in decisions on the direction of our product and technology stack.
A little bit about us
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.