Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
Role at a Glance
We seek a driven Risk Analyst who loves to take action; you are someone who always trusts your gut, but defers to data whenever possible. As a member of a small and focused risk team you will develop expertise in all things risk, compliance, disputes, and make a significant contribution to the day-to-day operation of a high-volume payments company.
- Are you good at recognizing patterns and thinking creatively?
- Are you conclusive and willing to make critical decisions?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and accept change?
- You love collaborating with others, and you’re excited to learn and grow from your experiences and colleagues
- You will review high-risk transactions and help reduce loss due to chargebacks
- You'll carefully evaluate accounts flagged for fraud, credit, or compliance violations
- You'll investigate fraudulent users to provide insights on their operations
- You will take on the important task of underwriting new user and business opportunities
- You will need to communicate with businesses and users to help them eliminate fraud
- Together, we will improve our internal tools and fraud-detection algorithms
- All while contributing to the development of Plastiq’s risk policies and procedures
- 1 to 3 years of risk, payment, operations, fintech or other relevant experience
- You have experience handling queues, interacting with customers, and making real-time decisions
- Your experience in payments sets you above the bar
- Prior experience at a growth stage startup or software company preferred
- Experience with SQL and Excel earns extra points
- We love to see strong Giphy expertise
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.