Role at a glance
We are seeking a talented Senior software engineer who is passionate about building software platforms for our engineering team, and so create simple & effective software solutions to help Plastiq deliver faster, with quality at scale. Do you have the chops to take us to the next level?
Why this role is awesome
- You get to lead and architect our next generation test frameworks & automated delivery pipelines for our new cloud applications & micro-services.
- You will mentor peers with the latest software development techniques for delivering quality software at scale.
- You will build cool productivity tools across the entire stack to increase team productivity.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
Plastiq operates a continuous delivery model using GitHub and Jenkins. On the frontend, we use Angular. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use PHP and MySQL, which sits in front of our own payments processing platform built in Java.
For our testing platforms we use PhpUnit for API & unit back-end tests, protractor, selenium & jasmine for front-end testing, and Jenkins for our continuous integration and delivery.
- You are a technology leader with broad and deep knowledge of software test technologies and practices.
- You are resilient, versatile and can learn quickly.
- You take risks and move fast – done is better than flawless.
- You are comfortable working with and refactoring existing code.
- You have significant experience with continuous integration/deployment, test & behavior driven development.
- You have experience with performance and security testing
- You love working with dev-ops technologies like Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Apache, MySQL, AWS, Heroku.
What will you do at Plastiq
- Evolve our existing test platforms to help the team test their work.
- Contribute to making our delivery pipeline seamless and fully automated.
- Create automated tests to catch regression issues.
- Perform exploratory testing in order to identify unexpected issues.
- Build test plans for new functionality, document, prioritize, track, raise and resolve issues/bugs using JIRA.
- Provide quality voice during work breakdown and execution of large product features and projects.
- Mentor engineering members on how to best develop & test their software.
A little bit about us
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.