Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Role at a Glance
As an innovative payments company, Plastiq sits at the intersection of many disparate systems and networks that each exert their own rules and oversight on our operations. In this role, you’ll be working closely with company leadership to handle the day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining our compliance.
You can expect to become a subject matter expert in state and federal regulations, money laundering, financial network operations, and consumer-related compliance obligations. Over time, there is great opportunity for growth in the breadth of your role and further education and certifications.
This position will report directly into Plastiq’s Head of Operations.
- You can understand complex systems and how they interact with one another
- You are a critical reader and can produce, edit, and submit meaningful work without errors
- You can synthesize new information with speed and accuracy, draw thoughtful inferences, and articulate informed opinions
- You like to seek out knowledge that will improve your contextual basis for work and decision-making
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changes quickly and effectively
- You take great pride in your analyses and work
- You have a high level of integrity, and care about helping people
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Previous experience in a compliance-related role at a payments company strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and data access tools a plus
- Gain a strong understanding of the payments industry, our unique positioning in the market, and how we move money
- Review compliance case escalations from our systems and team, which may involve researching additional data points and/or interacting with regulating entities
- Lead various filing activities (e.g., SAR) and field incoming requests from regulators
- Serve as a key internal stakeholder for new company initiatives, expansion, and product work
- Steward our Anti-Money Laundering policies, ensuring their adherence to current regulations and to our internal processes
- Play a critical role in compliance training for all new employees