What is Plastiq?
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
Role At A Glance
We are seeking an extraordinary Technical Program Manager to support our Engineering organization. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything the team builds.
Why this role is awesome
Plastiq Engineering is set to grow its team 2x in size in 2019 while transitioning to a new technology stack and infrastructure. As we scale, we will be obsessively focused on increasing velocity of Product delivery, this role will be central to this mission by instituting the processes and tools necessary to manage software delivery at scale across multiple teams in the Engineering organization.
As we expand, we are looking at next-generation technologies to grow our stack. We are looking to leapfrog the technology curve and implement things using Serverless computing. Some of the technologies we are looking at are Node.js, Typescript and React.
- You’ve got 6+ years of Project/Program Manager experience.
- You are detail-oriented and highly analytical, with an ability to apply quantitative methods to the Software Development process.
- You have prior experience serving as Project/Program Manager for an Agile/Kanban-based Software Development process.
- You have a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification.
- You have superb communication skills and can articulate complex problems to a broad audience from Engineers to the CEO.
- You can work autonomously with little supervision and can define processes from the ground up.
- You have excellent skills in using JIRA and Confluence to plan and execute sprints.
- You have strong experience working with distributed teams.
- Establish a scientific data-driven approach to planning Engineering team capacity and allocation, with comprehensive reporting allowing executive stakeholders a clear view of Engineering velocity.
- Identify, develop, and execute processes for continuous improvement so we can increase our velocity.
- Provide project management for multiple complex cross-engineering initiatives, focusing on timely delivery of software releases.
- Ensure effective and efficient meetings such as stand-ups, sprint planning, release planning and retrospectives with data captured accurately in our tools.
- Ensure that Engineers are clear on what work is assigned to them, what the work is and when it needs to be done.
- Proactively communicate technical issues to Engineering leaders to ensure effective resolution and collaborate with team to determine strategies to prevent future issues
- Share Agile process frameworks, tools, and best practices that will be adopted throughout the Engineering organization.
- Enforce key tenets of Engineering culture including our 20% rule (where 20% of Engineering team’s monthly capacity is devoted to internal Engineering work) and our no-meetings after 12pm PT rule.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.