Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most significant bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to take on these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and precise. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you.
Does this sounds like a team you would like to be on?
Plastiq is looking for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial Events and Public Relations Manager to lead a wide range of relationships and communication initiatives to ultimately promote and share the value, benefits and potential of Plastiq.
You will be responsible for providing critical thinking, thought leadership, and flawless execution across priority brand awareness initiatives such as planning and attending industry events to planning and managing all publicity campaigns and PR activities.
You should have an exceptional ability to drive results through brand awareness building initiatives and a keen eye for events and promotions that will benefit the company's bottom line. You’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and strategize and execute multiple tactics concurrently and work comfortably in a dynamic and changing environment. You’ll also manage our outside PR agency - ensure they have a clear scope of work, and manage their timelines, deliverables and budgets.
To be successful we are looking for three key attributes:
- You are eager and willing to hustle
- You are an excellent writer
- You excel in managing senior leaders and arranging their speaking engagements and interviews
You will also gain placements in top tier publications that establish Plastiq as a leader in our space. Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Plan publicity strategies and campaigns
- Identify and manage company spokespeople, especially CEO Eliot Buchanan
- Write and produce presentations and press releases
- Respond to inquiries from the press, and related organizations - think like a journalist and find the best Plastiq story and telling it at scale
- Organize and attend promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Provide clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Analyze media coverage
- Liaise with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- Seek out events that align with our target vertical where Plastiq can attend as speakers, exhibitors or moderators
- Plan industry specific events, hosted by Plastiq, to network and obtain warm leads for Sales team
- Establish payback model for costs of attending events and necessary payment volume to breakeven
- Include Sales in event planning, if event is lead oriented
- 10-12+ years of experience in PR and and events, including 2-3 years agency experience
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Ability to hold oneself accountable for work output and KPI’s
- Excellent communication tailored to build relationships in the industry
- Ability to prioritize while also maintaining organization and control
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Ability to be a self-starter, overcome barriers and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Work experience with journalism trades
- Highly motivated and hard-working
- Proven track record of driving results and increasing revenue
- Sense of humor, team player, and willingness to do whatever it takes to help us be successful
Plastiq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Plastiq does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.