Join the Plastiq Engineering Team at a time of rapid growth!
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Plastiq, Inc. is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Plastiq, Inc., we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Role at a glance
We are seeking a talented Senior Automation Engineer who is passionate about building software platforms for our engineering team, and so create simple & effective software solutions to help Plastiq deliver faster, with quality at scale. Do you have the chops to take us to the next level?
Why this role is awesome
- You get to lead and architect our next generation test frameworks & automated delivery pipelines for our new cloud applications & micro-services.
- You will mentor peers with the latest software development techniques for delivering quality software at scale.
- You will build cool productivity tools across the entire stack to increase team productivity.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. We are building a component-based front-end written in React.JS. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use node.js/GraphQL, which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
For our testing platforms we use PhpUnit for API & unit back-end tests, protractor, selenium & jasmine for front-end testing, and Jenkins for our continuous integration and delivery.
- You are a technology leader with broad and deep knowledge of software test technologies and practices.
- You are resilient, versatile and can learn quickly.
- You take risks and move fast – done is better than flawless.
- You are comfortable working with and refactoring existing code.
- You have significant experience with continuous integration/deployment, test & behavior driven development.
- You have experience with performance and security testing
- You love working with dev-ops technologies like Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Apache, MySQL, AWS, Heroku.
- Evolve our existing test platforms to help the team test their work.
- Contribute to making our delivery pipeline seamless and fully automated.
- Create automated tests to catch regression issues.
- Perform exploratory testing in order to identify unexpected issues.
- Build test plans for new functionality, document, prioritize, track, raise and resolve issues/bugs using JIRA.
- Provide quality voice during work breakdown and execution of large product features and projects.
- Mentor engineering members on how to best develop & test their software.
**We are open to candidates working fully remote for this position if they have proven success in this work environment.**
Our Awesome Benefits
- We offer a well-developed competitive compensation philosophy in addition to generous equity packages.
- We value employees by providing great benefits like untracked time off (for exempt employees - generous PTO for non-exempt employees!)
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, vision and dental insurance, professional development, and catered lunch.
- Our hiring teams are extremely engaged and excited to source along with you.
- We literally have the coolest shirts - you really just have to see them!
Our vision is to be the trusted financial partner that gives an immediate, digital picture of the health of their business and a wide range of curated options to manage and grow it.
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
How it Works
With Plastiq, you can use your credit card to pay a wide range of personal or business expenses including inventory, services, utilities and more (even when cards aren’t accepted).
By allowing businesses to put virtually any expense on their credit card, we’re helping them tap the line of credit they’ve already earned on their MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.
We serve both business and consumer customers. Plastiq provides convenience and a way to rapidly earn credit card rewards.
Visit our careers site to learn more. What are you waiting for?