Role At A Glance
We’re building a new SDR team to identify and gain the attention of small business owners across the US and Canada, and we need help to hire and lead this team! This role is focused on hiring, training, and leading our top of the funnel sales team- our goal is to both help our AE teams exceed their quotas, as well as train future AEs under your tutelage.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be the type of person who is passionate about sharing your experience with new employees who are seeking to grow their careers. You'll also be prepared to join a fast-growing financial technology company where your role requires frequent iteration and adaptation of your approach, as well as a persistently positive spirit. If you feel you are patient, attentive, and ready to inspire future leaders at Plastiq then this leadership position will be a good fit.
- 4-7 years of previous sales & business development experience, preferably in a dynamic SaaS environment
- 2-3 years of management in a business development or SDR organization
- Strong experience with tools such as Salesforce, lead generation tools (Zoominfo), and email automation tools (Outreach, SalesLoft, etc)
- You place the needs and wishes of the team above your own desires and quotas
- You thrive in a constantly changing environment and are not afraid to experiment with new approaches
- You've experienced sales training programs such as Sandler, Basho, etc and can share your insights in an easy to understand format
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required
- Be the primary coach and lead for our growing sales development team
- Identify top talent, screen for people who match Plastiq's inclusive culture, then hire and onboard new these SDRs
- Use data to inform strategic decisions about the direction of the business development team
- Work cross-functionally with our sales, marketing, and account management teams to grow Plastiq and expand our reach
- Provide suggestions and insight for the creation and development of marketing materials, including physical and digital collateral, and web presentations/product demonstrations
- Base salary + uncapped commission with high earning potential
- No travel required; all efforts executed from Plastiq’s San Francisco office
More About Plastiq
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets our clients pay their bills in the way that makes the most sense for their business in order to grow the company of their dreams.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.