What is Plastiq?
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
Role at a glance
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to add to our Engineering Team. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
As a Senior front-end engineer you live and breath working in the UI. You will be a part of a highly technical team at Plastiq responsible for all aspects of the front end stack. From creating new features to architecting a gulp build, you will get a chance to focus on all phases of development.
Why this role is awesome
- You will be a key technology leader with a vision within our organization.
- You will help develop the next generation of our Front end architecture.
- You will mentor peers with the latest in software development techniques to deliver software at scale.
- You will be a resource for your peers when it comes to evangelizing the latest in architecting a modern front end.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. Our front-end stack consists of a Single Page App written in AngularJS. We are migrating to a component based front-end written in React.JS. On the tooling side we currently use Gulp, SASS and browserify. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use node.js/GraphQL with MySQL (with legacy services on PHP), which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
- 7+ years experience developing complex and interactive web experiences.
- Expert level knowledge of at-least two modern Single Page Application frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, Angular, Vue.js).
- Prior experience building and maintaining complex single page applications.
- Solid understanding of how browsers work with expert level knowledge of writing complex async code and a deep understanding of the JS event loop.
- Experience with CSS and working with a preprocessor (CSS/SASS)
- Experience with modern web-tooling and packaging web applications using a bundler like Webpack, and using task runners like Gulp to build and package front-end applications.
- Experience deploying applications to static CDN servers along with the associated concerns like versions assets and bundling for performance.
- Solid understanding of principles of design and user experience.
- Experience with building analytics and metrics into front end applications.
- Experience with planning and executing A/B tests and analyzing results.
- Experience supporting a custom component library that is shared across multiple applications
- Experience supporting a multi-stack environment (angular AND react as an example).
- Experience moving from a legacy application. (Angular 1 to Angular 2 upgrade, OR re-architecting an application from Angular to react).
- Experience debugging production issues and creating appropriate monitoring solutions.
- Prior experience creating highly interactive data driven applications. (Think https://www.coinbase.com, https://robinhood.com)
- Partner closely with the rest of the team to architect and deliver our front-end application that processes all Plastiq Payments.
- Lead the development of our entire front-end build chain. From coming up with what our builds will look like to how we deploy our application.
- Hands-on development of code, complete with automated tests that is scalable and maintainable.
- Train and mentor other specialists.
- Do QA: engineers are responsible for the quality of their code!
- Do DevOps: engineers deploy and maintain production code!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.