Plastiq enables businesses and consumers to use their credit card to pay for virtually any expenses, even those that normally require a check.
We are seeking an experienced Partnership Development individual to join our team to build partnerships with leading Small Business Card issuers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ambitious to learn how to turn innovative thinking into an industry leading brand and platform.
Role at a Glance
As the Small Business Issuer Partnership Development Manager, you will focus on building our presence with leading Small Business Card Issuers. This customer facing role focuses on securing distribution agreements with banks.
● You will develop and execute Issuer outreach programs to secure meetings with prospects
● You will develop and strengthen our positioning with Card Issuers
● You will proactively move prospects through the process – qualifying, securing and conducting meetings, negotiating and securing agreements. These agreements will include commitment and timeline for Issuers to pro-actively communicate to their customer base
● You will identify and document Issuer needs and requirements, as well as communicate those to our product team
● With 10 years of sales or business development experience with Banks - this isn’t your first time developing and managing partnerships with Card Issuers. You have experience securing partnerships with them and / or have been in their roles before
● You thrive on and have experience selling new concepts to Cards and Payments professionals
● You understand what drives and motivates Card issuers and management – such a new customer acquisition, spend growth or customer loyalty
● Your skill set includes proven ability to navigate large complex organizations and engaging and influencing senior executive, familiarity with the decision making process at large partners
● Your skill set includes proven pipeline development, prospecting, business development and closing abilities
● You are highly organized
● A bachelor’s degree
● You adapt to changing situations and have confidence in dealing with ambiguity while remaining focused on your goals
● You are a collaborative team player with strong communication & interpersonal skills
● You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of energy and drive
Location: New York City area or major U.S. city with Card issuer presence