Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
As a User Researcher at Plastiq you’ll be working under Product, but this is a role that will work cross functionally throughout the entire organization. You will be working the closest with our Product Managers and Product Designers — but depending on the project you will end work alongside both internal and external stakeholders. We’re a small but growing team of multi-disciplined individuals — we understand the value of research, and that often research is most successful when not siloed but a task best done together. If you’re looking for a team that values the importance of user research and allows you to focus your energy on creating exceptional work — we are here and cannot wait to work with you.
- Establish a deep understanding of our user’s desires, needs, pain, and motivations.
- Act as an evangelist for our user’s voice throughout the entire organization.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to identify trends and opportunities.
- Determine and execute the best research strategy to address product needs.
- Synthesize your research to highlight insights and trends that create an actionable impact.
- Identify and develop new pathways for research to strengthen the organization.
- Create compelling research artifacts to share with the entire organization.
- Discover and assess user trends that can help shape our product strategy or lead to further investigation.
- Manage and seek out new pipelines for participant recruitment.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during product cycles.
- Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions based on research insights.
- Expert interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of research principles, and best practices.
- You’re an excellent communicator. Whether writing prompts, or presenting your findings to the organization, it’s simply part of the process for you.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.