Join Plastiq at a time of rapid growth!
As our dedicated Account Executive, Merchant Business will be responsible for new commercial merchant acquisition across targeted verticals. You will work from a targeted leads list as well as identify prospects that fit our target merchants. A successful Account Executive will be someone who is customer-centric in their approach, obsessed with helping their clients grow their businesses, and has a strong entrepreneurial mindset. As a part of a fast-growing financial technology company, there is a need for frequent iteration and adaptation of your approach while maintaining an unrelenting positive spirit as you do so.
- 3-5 years of quota crushing sales experience in Financial Technology (FinTech), Payments, or SaaS calling on on Small to Mid-Size Businesses
- Experience selling new payment concepts to finance teams, accounts receivable and payments professionals at merchants
- Demonstrated understanding of Business to Business billing and payments processes
- Previous sales methodology training and full sales cycle management
- You thrive in a constantly changing environment. You can start your own initiatives, can quickly shift focus when met with new data and are not afraid to experiment with new approaches
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required
- Serve as a member of the new business sales team to sign and onboard new commercial merchants
- Pursue opportunities within target verticals, leading outreach to prospects in order to secure new clients and payment volume
- Become a product expert with the ability to walk business owners through all of Plastiq’s offerings and show them how it will simplify their business payments
- Track and report on success metrics, including pipeline generation and conversion rates
- Provide suggestions and insight for the creation and development of marketing materials, including physical and digital collateral, and web presentations/product demonstrations
- Base salary + uncapped commission with high earning potential
- No consistent travel required, but occasional opportunities to visit clients nationwide will exist
Our vision is to be the trusted financial partner that gives an immediate, digital picture of the health of their business and a wide range of curated options to manage and grow it.
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
How it Works
With Plastiq, you can use your credit card to pay a wide range of personal or business expenses including inventory, services, utilities and more (even when cards aren’t accepted).
By allowing businesses to put virtually any expense on their credit card, we’re helping them tap the line of credit they’ve already earned on their MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.