Join the Plastiq IT & Operations Team at a time of rapid growth!
We’re currently moving into the SMB space, rebuilding our platform to uniquely fit the needs of our customers. As Plastiq’s IT Operations Engineer you have the opportunity to help shape our IT Operations and Support organization. Reporting to our Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you will be warmly and enthusiastically supported as you develop your skills, so you can grow in whichever direction you choose.
You will do the following:
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Provide accurate, timely and creative solutions for, but not limited to, staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking, videoconferencing, printers and phones.
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
- You are always learning and are enthusiastic about continuously developing your technical skills
- You excel at documenting issues while providing updates to management, the team, and end users
- You understand the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk
- You love standardization, scale, and know how to consistently follow defined best practices
- You have the ability to exercise good judgment and think creatively
- 5+ years experience in IT Operations and Support in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive technical knowledge of Windows OS, MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS
- Advanced Mac, IOS and Windows OS and device management
- Network fundamentals (WAN/LAN, switching/routing, mobile device and laptop connectivity, WiFi, VPN, printing)
- Experience with modern endpoint security solutions (Carbon Black, Crowdstrinke, enSilo) and strategies
- Support mobile device management solutions
- Laptop image creation, golden image management and deployment
- Endpoint device patch management and security incident remediation
- Familiar with Google Apps for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Familiar with Okta User Directory, MFA and SSO
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Zoom)
- Some heavy lifting required (Estimated weight 50 pounds)
- Mac, Linux or network certifications
- Conference Room A/V support experience, including Zoom Room
- LDAP and Okta User Directory experience
- Experience with cloud based SaaS application management
Our Awesome Benefits
- We offer a well-developed competitive compensation philosophy in addition to generous equity packages.
- We value employees by providing great benefits like untracked time off (for exempt employees - generous PTO for non-exempt employees!)
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, vision and dental insurance, professional development, and catered lunch.
- Our hiring teams are extremely engaged and excited to source along with you.
- We literally have the coolest shirts - you really just have to see them!
Our vision is to be the trusted financial partner that gives an immediate, digital picture of the health of their business and a wide range of curated options to manage and grow it.
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
How it Works
With Plastiq, you can use your credit card to pay a wide range of personal or business expenses including inventory, services, utilities and more (even when cards aren’t accepted).
By allowing businesses to put virtually any expense on their credit card, we’re helping them tap the line of credit they’ve already earned on their MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.
We serve both business and consumer customers. Plastiq provides convenience and a way to rapidly earn credit card rewards.
Visit our careers site to learn more. What are you waiting for?