Role at a glance
We are seeking an extraordinary Staff Software Engineer to add to our Engineering Team. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
You will be a part of a highly technical team at Plastiq responsible for all aspects of the server-side stack.
Why this role is awesome
- You will be a key technology leader with a vision within our organization
- You will help develop the next generation of our Server-side architecture in node.js/AWS
- You will mentor peers with the latest in software development techniques to deliver software at scale
- You will be a resource for your peers when it comes to evangelizing the latest in architecting a modern front end
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. We are building a component-based front-end written in React.JS. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use node.js/GraphQL, which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
- 12+ years experience developing complex production server-side applications
- Expert level knowledge of building microservices in node.js/GraphQL and deploying to AWS
- Deep knowledge of best practices in building server-side applications in node.js
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL) and with NoSQL stores like MongoDB
- Prior experience with Docker, Apache, AWS, Serverless
- You feel comfortable working with existing code and refactoring
- You live Test Driven Development
- You are willing to take risks and move fast – done is better than perfect!
- You've developed a deep understanding of REST API design
- You learn quickly, and you’re adaptable and versatile
- You have no trouble multitasking, potentially on different stacks
- Experience debugging complex production issues and creating appropriate monitoring solutions for node.js server applications
- Partner closely with the rest of the team to architect and deliver our server-side application that will process all Plastiq Payments
- Lead the development of our entire server-side build chain, from coming up with what our builds will look like to how we deploy our microservices
- Define and lead work breakdown and execution of large product features and projects
- Hands-on development of code, complete with automated tests that is scalable and maintainable
- Train and mentor other specialists
- Do QA: engineers are responsible for the quality of their code!
- Do DevOps: engineers deploy and maintain production code!
A little bit about us
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.