Plastiq enables businesses and consumers to use their credit cards to pay for virtually any expenses, even those that normally require a check.
As a Commercial Client Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and building new relationships with Middle Market and Large Corporate clients. This individual will be responsible for identifying and qualifying leads, cold-calling principals and executives, assessing the needs of commercial card issuers, working with internal teams to evaluate risk, and driving new account engagement. You will be expected to disrupt prospects’ thinking and deliver solutions that transform their businesses.
- Drive new acquisition and payment volume from prospective clients with annual revenue between $100M and $2.5B
- Work with other Plastiq teams (marketing, product, engineering, etc) to identify opportunities to better serve commercial clients
- Maintain and update CRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines, and closed opportunities
- Engage with Commercial Card Issuers serving target clients to close target clients and develop new opportunities with commercial card issuers to grow payment volume
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ years of experience selling commercial card products, payables or similar commercial financial services products
- Strong sales, relationship management, and business development abilities
- Process-oriented and highly organized
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial payments industry and treasury management services
- Experience selling new products directly to middle market and corporate clients