Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
You’ll be joining our growing product team to help craft and define Plastiq’s voice. We are a small, multi-disciplined group seeking our newest member. You will be responsible for the creation of all user-facing content, working alongside designers and engineers to shape the Plastiq customer experience. There are challenges and opportunities that will allow you to establish content’s strategic role in product development, lead and contribute to critical company efforts, and act as a user experience advocate. If you’re looking for a team that values the importance of clear and effective communication and allows you to focus your energy on creating exceptional work — we are here and cannot wait to work with you.
- Define design and content systems and style guides in partnership with the UX team.
- Lead content efforts across the entire company, including collaboration with customer support, operations, sales, and marketing.
- Own the content library — review and audit to identify key opportunities and gaps, create and socialize updates and new styles, collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimize and harmonize communications across the product.
- Collect, encourage, and iterate on feedback from the entire organization.
- Develop feature content and communication strategies as concepts become prototypes and beyond.
- Work closely alongside the engineering team and product managers to define copy and communications in the product development process.
- Be willing to own the successes or failures of your work and proactively work to iterate and improve on shipped work.
- Obsess and understand that the details are not the details, they are the foundation of your work.
- You’re a self-starter with the passion to actively seek new approaches to improve the Plastiq experience.
- You understand the nuances inherent in your work that help customers comprehend and use the product and are capable of articulating and advocating for your point of view.
- You possess an acute inclination toward the difference between a good and bad experience for our users.
- You work towards the best possible solution, not just the easiest one.
- You’re comfortable working alongside designers as they create UI mocks and are capable of delivering content and iterating through the design process.
- You’re experienced developing content strategies for products and systems, not just websites.
- You are comfortable operating within the product design process; you’re happy, willing, and able to own projects from inception to completion.
- You’re an excellent communicator. Whether writing for a new feature, advocating for a strategy with engineering, or presenting to the company on a new release, it’s simply part of the process for you.
- You constantly seek feedback from collaborators and other teams to validate your ideas.
- You understand collaboration is the key to the success or failure of your projects.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.