Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
We believe that motivated, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to have a major impact across our company. As a Brand Design Manager, you will have the opportunity to not only shape our brand, visual vocabulary, and design principals but you’ll also play a critical role in shaping the evolving team and processes as we design and build the next generation of Plastiq. You will be responsible for hiring, growing, and coaching our Design team as we continue to support design efforts throughout the company. You will provide feedback through design critiques, help your team overcome daily challenges, and work alongside your peers to make constant improvements to the research, ideation, and design process, exploring new ways to deliver exceptional work.
Your ability to attract, manage, support, and nurture design talent will ensure we’re continually growing a team of leaders. As a design leader at Plastiq, you’ll help increase the company reputation as a leading design-driven company.
- Lead the Design team and set the bar for exceptional work.
- Unify, develop, and groom our brand style.
- Conceptualize unexpected ideas that push our brand and products forward.
- Develop and curate the Plastiq Design team presence across a multitude of social sites, blogs, and websites.
- Manage, mentor, and empower a team of leaders.
- Make sure all output and deliverables are of the highest level of quality.
- Help define project goals and objectives to ensure we’re solving the business challenges presented to the team.
- Encourage and guide creativity while solving our business challenges.
- Regularly meet with designers to facilitate feedback on individual projects, aid in career development, and ensure work happiness and satisfaction.
- Encourage your teammates to expand their skill sets and ways of thinking by being a partner, leader, and mentor.
- Play a lead role in design reviews and presentations to other teams.
- Help guide and appropriately staff projects ensuring that work is well aligned to an individual Designer’s strengths, abilities, and interests.
- Balance Design Team needs and other org needs while autonomously ensuring project progress and success.
- 10+ years experience executing visual design.
- Fully capable of art directing a cohesive visual language throughout the team while being able to execute individually.
- A deep understanding of the technology and design industry.
- Posses insights into the latest design and technology trends — and an understanding when to break from the mold.
- Great perspectives in design, strategy and technology thinking.
- An understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Strong, demonstrable foundation in layout, color, illustration, typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Able to receive feedback and take it constructively while also being able to articulate every design decision confidently.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.