Join the Plastiq Team Name at a time of rapid growth!
We’re currently moving into the SMB space, rebuilding our platform to uniquely fit the needs of our customers. As a Software Engineer on our product development team you will be a part of a highly technical team at Plastiq you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of our stack.
We are seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to add to our Engineering Team. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
As part of the Engineering Chapter, you will be warmly and enthusiastically supported as you develop your skills, so you can grow in whichever direction you choose.
Why this role is awesome:
- You will work closely with design and product to design, scope and build new features
- Share our passion for quality in everything we put in front of customers
- Helping identify, triage, and solve bugs
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Travis. Our front-end stack consists of a Single Page App written in AngularJS. We are migrating to a component based front-end written in React.JS. On the tooling side we currently use Gulp, SASS and browserify. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use node.js/GraphQL with MySQL (with legacy services on PHP), which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
- Experience working on Node.js in the backend
- Solid understanding of how browsers work and prior experience
debugging browser issues
- Solid understanding of principles of design and user experience
- Excited to work on a small, growing team in a startup environmen
- You embody our G.O.A.T values (Get it done, Own the outcome, Adapt with conviction, and Trust the team).
To learn more about our Engineering team and how we operate, see our Engineering Blog
Our Awesome Benefits:
- We offer a well-developed competitive compensation philosophy in addition to generous equity packages.
- We value employees by providing great benefits like untracked time off (for exempt employees - generous PTO for non-exempt employees!)
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, vision and dental insurance, professional development, and catered lunch.
- Our hiring teams are extremely engaged and excited to source along with you.
- We literally have the coolest shirts - you really just have to see them!
Our vision is to be the trusted financial partner that gives an immediate, digital picture of the health of their business and a wide range of curated options to manage and grow it.
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
How it Works:
With Plastiq, you can use your credit card to pay a wide range of personal or business expenses including inventory, services, utilities and more (even when cards aren’t accepted).
By allowing businesses to put virtually any expense on their credit card, we’re helping them tap the line of credit they’ve already earned on their MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.
We serve both business and consumer customers. Plastiq provides convenience and a way to rapidly earn credit card rewards.
Visit our careers site to learn more. What are you waiting for?