Role At A Glance
We are seeking an exceptional software engineer with a passion for problem solving and software quality improvement to add to our Engineering team. You are sharp, results oriented, knowledgeable, highly capable, and love to bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical audiences. You are highly energetic and are able to think quickly and communicate effectively in a customer-oriented environment.
You will be part of a highly technical team responsible for crafting, implementing and supporting our software platform at Plastiq. Your primary responsibilities include software/systems troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution for our customers and partners, as well as development and maintenance of a suite of tools used by our internal staff.
Why This Role Is Awesome
- You will get the chance to research and prototype differing solutions, tools, and technologies to help us improve our overall product quality.
- You get to learn the ins and outs of the digital payment industry and help innovate new solutions.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in delivery exceptional software and service to our customers.
Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. On the front-end, we use Angular. We use PHP as well as Nodejs and MySQL for mid-tier services, which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java/Tomcat.
- +3 years of relevant industry experience
- Software development & web technologies fundamentals required
- Experience with support and troubleshooting a major plus
- Proven experience working with and troubleshooting SQL databases
- Passionate about learning new technology and tools
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Self-starter able to come up to speed on complex, challenging concepts with minimal assistance
- You’re passionate about Fin-tech and digital payments
- Work closely with members of the Product team to improve and grow our product offering.
- Work closely with other members of the Engineering team to innovate and improve the robustness and reliability of our Product.
- Write clean, modular code, complete with automated tests, that is scalable and maintainable
- As part of your ramp up, you will serve as engineering support for Customer Service, Risk, Compliance and other internal teams. Supporting complex technical troubleshooting and problem-solving of our Software Products. Issue documentation, build tests to validate resolutions and fixes to recurring issues.
A little bit about us
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.