What is Plastiq?
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
Role At A Glance
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Lead DevOps Engineer to add to our engineering team. You are sharp, results oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and resolved, taking pride and ownership in everything you build. Do you have the chops to take us to the next level?
As an infrastructure engineer you live and breathe security & automation. You will be part of a highly technical team responsible for crafting, implementing and supporting infrastructure services for Plastiq. Working closely with our development team you will focus on all phases from design to development to maintenance.
Why This Role Is Awesome
This is a chance for you to own and lead the migration of an existing payments infrastructure to the Amazon AWS cloud, you will get the chance to research and prototype differing solutions, tools, and technologies with the intend to operate at scale.
You will also get the opportunity to lead the engineering team from continuous delivery to continuous deployment and so a build a fully automated software delivery pipeline that is fast, reliable using state of the art technologies.
You get to be responsible for keeping our existing infrastructure secure using the latest security related technologies and cutting edge practices.
Plastiq operates a continuous delivery model using GitHub and Jenkins. On the frontend, we use Angular. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use PHP and MySQL, which sits in front of our own payments processing platform built in Java.
- Extensive operational experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure Management systems such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with large-scale AWS and traditional data center deployments.
- Deep knowledge of core AWS services like IAM, Route53, SES, VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, and CloudFormation.
- Hands-on experience with system and application metric collection and alerting applications such as Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Sensu, or others.
- A strong understanding of modern system, network and service-related security best practices.
- Firm technical grasp on common services and protocols such as DNS, LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, etc.
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts.
- Remarkable troubleshooting skills.
- Partner closely with our developers to build “infrastructure as code” solutions with a focus on scalability, observability, automation, reliability, security, and quality in both AWS and on-premise data center environments.
- Build and implement tools and frameworks to automate our system and software deployments, making sure deployments are a “non-event”.
- Lead technology initiatives that enable others to deliver their services to our customers with a minimal amount of friction and high degree of quality.
- Deliver internal Infrastructure services such as monitoring, logging, data services to our internal users.
- Maintain 99.9%+ availability in a high-traffic, 24/7 environment.
- Implement an infrastructure supporting PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance and lead regular audits of our environment in conjunction with a PCI-DSS QSA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.