What is Plastiq?
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
Role At A Glance
If you have a strong technical background with great experience scaling teams and development processes you could make a great fit as our first Director of Product Engineering at Plastiq. This is a new position that reports directly to the Head of Technology. This role will be responsible for the Engineering teams that deliver our Software Products. The role will interact with peers that own Architecture, Quality and DevOps. This is a delivery-oriented role, where you will be measured by your ability to build high-performing teams that consistently deliver Product features for the business. We’ve made some strides in increasing our delivery velocity but we want to go MUCH FASTER in 2019.
Why this role is awesome
- You will get to hire world-class engineering talent, doubling the team size in 2019.
- You will get to grow the next set of engineering leaders to continue scaling our org.
- You will own scaling our development process to match the team growth and our expectations for greater Product delivery velocity.
- You will get to institute the latest software development techniques for delivering quality software at scale.
- You will be collaborating with a fun, supportive, and high energy team that takes pride in building exceptional software.
- 6+ years of management experience leading engineering teams.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- You have experience growing a distributed team of engineers from 10 to 30+.
- You obsess over Engineering Productivity and how to maximize Product delivery velocity.
- You have a track record for delivery in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- You have strong communication skills with both engineers and non-technical folks.
- You love startups and working in the startup culture.
- You are passionate about people management and mentoring engineers to success.
- You have great depth of knowledge and experience with the Software Development lifecycle and can institute processes to maximize velocity as our team expands.
- Recruit, retain and develop a team of world-class engineers.
- Define and run all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and manage all processes necessary to operate an effective engineering team.
- Implement appropriate process, tools and clear measurements of success
- Ensure “the trains run on time” by closely managing and measuring product feature delivery (velocity).
- Get the most productivity out of your team, as measured by Product velocity. Perform course correction as needed to keep product delivery on track.
- Cultivate a strong Engineering culture within your team by championing a culture of continuous learning.
- Work closely with team members to ensure a high standard of quality and testing throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain familiarity with our technology stack as required to effectively manage the team.
- Support the Head of Technology in decisions on the direction of our product and technology stack.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.