Join Plastiq at a time of rapid growth!
We’re moving into the SMB space, rebuilding our platform to uniquely fit the needs of our customers. As Plastiq’s inaugural VP of Product Engineering, you will be responsible for scaling our development process as our core platform and its supporting technologies evolve. These efforts will include recruiting and hiring world-class engineering talent and building a productive, engaged, and fun engineering culture, that reflects Plastiq’s mission and values.
You’re a seasoned engineering leader who consistently demonstrates empathy towards your users, internal stakeholders, and fellow engineers. You have experience growing teams of talented engineers and empower and trust them to ship great work. You relentlessly remove roadblocks for your team and strive for simplicity. You have a demonstrated track record of building strong engineering cultures that continuously improve. You’re a master communicator. You know when to get involved and when to delegate; when to speak up and when to listen. Most of all, you’re passionate about creating an engaged, high-performing team that will help realize Plastiq’s mission to help small businesses achieve their growth potential.
You are known as a beacon for top-talent and experienced in leading a results-driven engineering culture that values cross team collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and confidence in our organization. If driving all aspects of a company’s software activities and inspiring a highly-successful team is your career purpose, Plastiq is the canvas to do your best work.
- Foster an environment of cross-team alignment, cooperation, and decision-making that drives success for the entire organization.
- Emphasize an innovative environment for building industry-leading solutions in an iterative Agile development and product planning process.
- Establish an engineering culture of high-value technical decisions, in which Engineers understand business direction and how the Product Engineering team facilitates company goals.
- Recruit and grow all Engineering team members, including training and mentoring new managers and team leads.
- Prioritize and direct an engineering schedule that balances product roadmap priorities with immediate customer needs and escalations and the continual evaluation and treatment of technical debt and architecture evolution.
- Establish and communicate clear metrics and processes for monitoring and delivering progress against objectives and timelines.
- 10+ years of management experience leading distributed engineering teams.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- You obsess over Engineering Productivity and how to maximize Product delivery velocity.
- You have a track record for delivery in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- You have strong communication skills with both engineers and non-technical folks.
- You love startups and working in the startup culture.
- You are passionate about people management and mentoring engineers to success.
- You have great depth of knowledge and experience with the Software Development lifecycle and can institute processes to maximize velocity as our team expands.
Our vision is to be the trusted financial partner that gives an immediate, digital picture of the health of their business and a wide range of curated options to manage and grow it.
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
How it Works
With Plastiq, you can use your credit card to pay a wide range of personal or business expenses including inventory, services, utilities and more (even when cards aren’t accepted).
By allowing businesses to put virtually any expense on their credit card, we’re helping them tap the line of credit they’ve already earned on their MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.