Plastiq is billpay with benefits
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
Role At A Glance
The Account Development team is a group of client consultants guiding Plastiq’s largest corporate and business owner clients. This incoming Account Development Manager will gain a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and finances and ensure their growth and retention with Plastiq. Your clients will lean on you to help them navigate the complexities of payments, credit cards, and our product. Our team resolves high-dollar payment issues with patience and where time is of the essence. You will also build relationships across the risk, operations, service, and product teams to be a highly effective advocate for your client.
- 3-5 years of experience in relationship management and account development with demanding clientele, consistently meeting high standards of service
- Adept at working cross-functionally and building close rapport
- Deep listener and questioner and track record of building trusted partnerships with clients
- Highly detailed with ability to understand and communicate points in areas such as B2B, finance, and compliance
- Superior business intuition and naturally curious about B2B payments and the SMB landscape
- Passionate about credit cards and their application as a powerful financial tool
- Strong aptitude in CRM (Salesforce, Outreach) and Excel a plus
- Background in payments, financial technology or financial services a plus
- Develop deep relationships with clients and become their trusted advisor in the Plastiq product
- Become a product authority, able to walk business owners through all of Plastiq’s offerings and show them how it will improve their business results
- Identify and unlock opportunities for growth in business clients’ spend with Plastiq
- Maintain clients’ spend by actively monitoring accounts and investigating changes in payment volume and payment issues
- Partner with Underwriting and Financial Operations teams to hasten resolution of payment issues
- Gather product feedback and make recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.