Role At A Glance
We are seeking an exceptional senior engineer to add to our Engineering Team. You are sharp, results-oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and determined, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
You will have broad and deep knowledge of software development technologies and practices, and will lead teams to deliver large product features to market. You will be a mentor and guru for our other engineers, and a key technology thought leader within our organization.
Our Stack: Plastiq operates a Continuous Delivery Model using GitHub and Jenkins. On the frontend, we use Angular. On the back-end servicing the front-end, we use PHP and MySQL, which sits in front of our own Payments Processing Platform built in Java.
- 8+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years software architecture experience
- 2+ years team leadership experience
- You are an expert with relational databases (MySQL) and with NoSQL stores like MongoDB
- You have strong DevOps skills with Vagrant, Apache, MySQL, AWS, Heroku
- You have a proven ability to lead teams, mentor and advise engineers, manage sprints, and deliver robust software
- You are comfortable working with existing code and refactoring
- You live Test Driven Development
- You have a willingness to take risks and move fast – done is better than perfect!
- You have a strong understanding of REST API design
- You learn quickly, you’re adaptable and versatile.
- Own development and delivery for large features
- Define software architecture and design, select technologies
- Define and manage work breakdown and execution of large product features and projects
- Hands-on development of code, complete with automated tests, that is scalable and maintainable
- Train and mentor other Engineers
- Do QA: engineers own the quality of their code!
- Do DevOps: engineers deploy and maintain production code!