Role At A Glance
We are looking for an exceptional full stack developer who loves solving challenging problems. Plastiq has world-class Risk & Service functions that you will be building innovative software to support. You are sharp, results oriented, knowledgeable, ambitious, and determined, taking pride and ownership in everything you build.
In this role, you will build our software products that empower our Risk, Compliance, Financial Operations and Customer Service teams, and ultimately, our customers.
- 4+ years professional experience as a full-stack software developer
- You are very comfortable with relational databases (MySQL especially) and with NoSQL stores like MongoDB
- You've shipped and maintained frontend products
- You've built and maintained backend code/systems
- You love writing tests and releasing code to production
- You have experience with Vagrant or other containers
- You have great DevOps skills with Apache, MySQL, AWS, Heroku
- You have a willingness to take risks and move fast – done is better than perfect!
- You are eager to learn new languages, frameworks and tools.
- Write clean, modular code, complete with automated tests, that is scalable and maintainable
- Do QA: engineers own the quality of their code!
- Do DevOps: engineers deploy and maintain production code!
- Work with the Risk & Compliance team to build awesome software to detect fraud patterns and comply with financial rules and regulations
- Work with the Financial Operations team to build real-time monitoring of our financial flows in and out of the organization and identify exceptions systematically
- Work with the Customer Services team to build tools to help them provide our customers world-class service