Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
You’ll be working alongside the product team to help design the next generation of Plastiq. We are a small, multi-disciplined team looking for our newest member. We have a variety of projects in the pipeline, from adding new payment delivery methods to changing the way that businesses engage with Plastiq entirely. There are countless UX challenges and opportunities that will allow you to utilize your full range of skills showcasing product design, interaction design, and visual design. If you’re looking for a team that values the importance of design and allows you to focus your energy on creating exceptional work — we are here and cannot wait to work with you.
- Act as a leader and advocate for design throughout the entire organization as you collaborate with other designers and teams to create the best possible outcome.
- Own the entire design process for your projects — translate research into new or iterative product ideas, create and socialize UX flows, then turn that work into high fidelity mockups ready to ship.
- Collect, encourage, and iterate on feedback from the entire organization.
- Sketch and appropriately prototype your ideas to quickly assess viability as you iterate on your work.
- Work closely alongside the engineering team with product managers as they build and ship your work.
- Be willing to own the successes or failures of your work and proactively work to iterate and improve on shipped work.
- When creating or improving any feature within our application, think with patterns and systems in mind to allow our application to gracefully scale.
- Obsess and understand that the details are not the details, they are the foundation of your work.
- You're incredibly well versed in creating high fidelity user interfaces.
- You’re a self-starter with the passion to actively seek new opportunities to improve the Plastiq experience.
- You possess an acute inclination towards the difference between a good and bad experience for our users.
- You work towards the best possible solution, not just the easiest one.
- You understand the nuances inherent in your work that help to improve ease of execution and overall viability.
- You’re naturally curious and relentless on your quest for knowledge.
- You’re comfortable enough with HTML/CSS/JS to understand their technical limitations and liberties to help empower our engineers.
- You’re experienced in designing products and systems, not just websites.
- You’ve had cross-device exposure with your previous work.
- You have an appreciation for the entire product design process; you’re happy, willing, and able to own projects from inception to completion.
- You’re comfortable using Sketch, Adobe’s Creative Suite, Abstract, Invision, and Flinto or other comparable prototyping tools.
- You’re an excellent communicator. It does not matter if it’s articulating your work to other designers or showcasing new features during company wide demos, it’s simply part of the process to you.
- You constantly seek feedback from other designers and teams to validate your ideas.
- You understand collaboration is the key to the success or failure of your projects.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Plastiq. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.