Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to solve these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you enjoy the service.
Role at a Glance
We are seeking a Director of Analytics to provide leadership and expertise in identifying insights that impact key business decisions. You will work with teams across Plastiq to support them in making decisions influenced by data. You will provide data analysis to our leadership team to help guide the company's strategic direction.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define, track, and report on meaningful metrics to assess overall business health
- Lead analytics team in development and deployment of analytical tools and data science approaches to analyze large data sets and develop custom models to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in the data
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Deliver in-depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets to executives and other key partners
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects and guide business owners to identifying data sources and quality issues and work with engineering to configure a data quality framework
- Develop a close partnership with the product organization and technology teams
- Provide mentorship on technical models and analyses produced by the team
- Work with business partners across the company, helping them gain maximum utility from our data, ensuring they can confidently speak the same language and guiding their ability to utilize data in non-obvious ways
- Lead the definition for official data assets associated with key business metrics, ensuring that different groups do not use different results for the same number
Who We Are Looking For
- 8+ years in strategic analytics
- B.A. degree in finance, marketing, economics, math, statistics or similar quantitative discipline
- Experience in crafting and maintaining a data infrastructure plan from raw data to staged data to analytics production
- Demonstrated people management skills including training, developing and mentoring team members
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation of MySQL databases
- You are happy educating and influencing management and staff
- You have no trouble communicating and partnering with cross-functional teams, particularly business leaders
- You love building out data teams
- You've shown an ability to build the processes to handle the data lifecycle
- Deep understanding of data analysis and modeling techniques and algorithms
- Ability to fluently translate business needs of partners to a technical view for engineering
- Proficiency in SQL and analytical tools
- Proficiency in a scripting language (e.g., Python) and a statistical language (e.g., R)
- Be able and willing to act as an IC in implementing advanced analyses
Nice to have
- An MBA
- Experience in Payments or FinTech
- Dream to lead and build an Analytics team
- Experience working in a small startup
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.