As a PPU Production Employee you support the PPU Location Manager with the daily activities in the Plant Production Unit (PPU) where we grow plants with a predefined end result such as shape, taste, colour and nutritional value.
wants to make an impact on how the world is fed. We develop and operate custom-built indoor farms that we call 'Plant Production Units' (PPUs) worldwide. These PPUs require fewer environmental inputs than conventional or organic farms and provide our growing world population with fresh produce that is safe, affordable, tastier and more nutritious.
PlantLab is a young and dynamic company, currently in an exciting period of fast business growth. Therefore we want to expand our team with new
PPU Production Employee(s)
Locations: 's-Hertogenbosch, Amsterdam and abroad
What you'll do:
- You provide support to the PPU Location Manager;
- You supervise the growing cycle of fresh vegetables, from sowing to harvesting to packing and cleaning of the equipment;
- You carry out operational activities (including sowing, harvesting and packing of the harvested products) on location, which is partly automated;
- You follow the operational protocols and you comply with the food safety program;
- You actively contribute to the development of PlantLab by proposing improvements within the operational process.
Who we're looking for:
- You have a completed secondary education degree or comparable work experience;
- You have affinity with plants;
- You like to do things, are a go-gether;
- You can work accurately, safe and clean;
- You are enthusiastic;
- Experience is not necessary, we can teach you what you need to know!
What do we offer:
- We offer a challenging job with a lot of independence;
- PlantLab is growing rapidly and offers its employees multiple (personal) development opportunities within its growing organization. The internal lines are short and the culture is open, focused on you as a person with your own responsibilities;
- A competitive salary package, based on your experience;
- A fun, multidisciplinary team of plant scientists, engineers, commercial growers and office employees, looking forward welcoming you to work together on the next generation of growing and to take part in our ping-pong competitions, joint lunches and other company activities.