As a PPU Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of one of our production facilities. You will work with a team of PPU Production Employees to meet daily, weekly and monthly production plans. This is a hands-on job to grow fresh produce for our local clients.
wants to make an impact on how the world is fed. We develop and operate custom-built indoor farms that we call 'Plant Production Units' (PPUs) worldwide. These PPUs require fewer environmental inputs than conventional or organic farms and provide our growing world population with fresh produce that is safe, affordable, tastier and more nutritious.
PlantLab is a young and dynamic company, currently in an exciting period of fast business growth. Therefore we want to expand our team with new
Locations: Abroad (USA and the Caribbean)
What you’ll do:
You will work at our headquarter in ’s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) the first few months to get familiar with all daily activities and your fellow colleagues. Afterwards you will begin working in one of our PPUs on a different location with a small, dedicated team of PPU Production Employees. You will be responsible for this PPU, including daily (operational) management of all activities on site, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring of farm growing cycle from seeding to harvesting and from packaging to cleaning;
- Preparing work schedules to ensure efficient labor;
- Safeguarding all available protocols and compliance with the food safety program, improving the protocols where necessary;
- Evaluating operational processes;
- Solving small technical issues of the PPU equipment and other tools;
- Receiving orders and feedback from clients;
- Performing basic administrative tasks for the financial administration;
- Actively support the development of PlantLab by suggesting operational improvements;
- Collaborate with a team of colleagues on site as well as in ’s-Hertogenbosch;
- Stay in contact with other PPU Location Managers (working on different locations).
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a completed ‘green’ Bachelor degree;
- A hands-on, enthusiastic colleague with good communication skills;
- You are independent and ready for an adventure abroad;
- You are passionate about joining this new generation of growing and willing to contribute to it;
- You are able to lead an operational team and to solve problems;
- You have an understanding of safe work practices;
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently;
- (Foreign) experience is an advantage, but we also encourage you to apply without experience.
What we offer:
- A challenging job with a lot of independence in either the Netherlands or abroad (mostly outside of Europe);
- PlantLab is growing rapidly and offers its employees multiple (personal) development opportunities within its growing organization. The internal lines are short and the culture is open, focused on you as a person with your own responsibilities;
- A competitive salary package, based on your experience;
- A fun, multidisciplinary team of plant scientists, engineers, commercial growers and office employees, looking forward welcoming you to work together on the next generation of growing.