- Have at least 2 years of automation testing experience
- Experience working with automation frameworks such as Espresso, XCUITest, Selenium, Cypress, Rest Assured, SoapUI
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly reliable code
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
About the Role:
PlanGrid is looking for an amazing Software Engineer in Test to help us build and maintain the highest quality construction app. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and they use PlanGrid on a daily basis to collaborate with each other and find information that’s critical to getting their jobs done.
As a Software Engineer in Test you assist with enhancing our automation infrastructure, increasing our automation test coverage, and improving our existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps and implementing solutions to address them. You need to be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools on multiple mobile platform such as iOS, Android, or Windows.
You will work alongside and support developers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with high quality and speed.
Things you will do
- Lead the automation testing efforts on the PlanGrid platforms (Android, iOS, Windows and Web)
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of UI tests
- Work closely with developers to improve testability of our mobile applications
- Build scripts and tools to integrate into our continuous integration pipeline
- Work with QA and development teams to understand what slows them down
- Design and implement tools to assist QA in bug discovery
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Paid parental leave for both parents
Working at PlanGrid means that you will be supported doing really great work, using technologies you like, alongside peers you respect. You’ll be doing it on a product that delights users and has made money from the day it launched, and grown steadily ever since. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
PlanGrid’s stack is extremely diverse so you will get exposure to many current technologies including: iOS, Android, .NET, Python, PostgreSQL, Mongo, and React.
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information