You are a master of written communication. You enjoy working closely with product teams to distill complex ideas into clear, concise copy. You bring a collaborative, creative approach to defining content strategy. You love working in fast-paced environments and driving significant business impact through the power of words. You’re a champion for voice and tone, quality, and consistency and define the processes that hold everyone to a higher bar.
As our first content designer, you will be both a leader and a doer. You will be directly responsible for our voice and tone, content style guide, help site content, UI copy, and more. Note that this is not a marketing or social media role; you will work closely with senior leaders in product, engineering, and support to deliver amazing user experiences.
- 5+ years experience with content design, content strategy, or UX writing
- Proven experience writing technical content (UI copy, help documentation, FAQs, and more) in a fast-paced environment
- Experience defining voice and tone guidelines, style guides, and writing processes that improve content quality
- Experience defining content strategy and information architecture for help systems
- Experience working collaboratively with product, design, engineering, and support
- Strong business acumen and ability to articulate the business value of your work
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
What you'll do:
- User Experience Writing: Plan, write, and edit content from concept to delivery to make user experiences simple, clear, and easy to use
- Content Strategy: Lead strategic content initiatives and deliver effective recommendations for developing user-centered content
- User Education: Partner with product, design, customer support, and more to define our user education strategy and write high quality help content to accompany each release
- Voice, Tone, and Style: Define our voice and tone as part of the larger product design system while maintaining a content style guide and teaching others how to apply it
- Strong technical acumen, with proficiency in HTML and string files
- Experience with content systems for an international product
- Experience establishing and scaling a content practice
- Intrigued by construction and helping teams build better together
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information