As our Corporate Counsel, Director of Contracts, you will report directly to our General Counsel and will partner closely with sales, finance and other departments within PlanGrid. You will be the main point of contact for all commercial and vendor contracts. You will help shape contract negotiation strategies and will be responsible for the negotiation of a high volume and broad range of revenue, professional services, vendor and licensing agreements. You will review, evaluate and develop key terms in sales agreement templates and lead efforts to revise contract language to reflect current standards. In conjunction with finance and other teams, you will ensure all standard templates are current or revised as appropriate and approved to support business requirements. In addition, you will be responsible for the Company’s contract management software system and the storage, search-ability and integrity of all Company contracts.
- JD from top law school.
- In-house experience preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience negotiating SaaS agreements.
- Some sales background and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing vendor agreements/procurement preferred.
- Working knowledge of SFDC required.
- Working knowledge of Apttus preferred.
- Working knowledge of other contract management software systems preferred.
- Able to communicate and negotiate clearly with customers.
About the Role:
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate commercial SaaS contracts.
- Ensure all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of contracts for execution.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders.
- Assist with stock option administration.
- Exercise good judgment in providing contract interpretations and guidance to internal teams to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communications of changes and notices to the internal PlanGrid stakeholders.
- This role requires you to work out of our San Francisco HQ office with minimal business travel needed.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information