Job Title: Sales Director (Account Executive)
Location: New York, NY
Placements.io is changing the way digital media companies manage their advertising businesses. Placements powers multi-platform ad sales and operations with an industry-leading revenue management SaaS offering. Placements.io creates a connected ecosystem that helps companies to scale quickly and profitably. Companies such as SKY Broadcasting, IAC, CarGurus.com, and FORTUNE are among the 274 plus media brands that trust Placements.io to manage billions of dollars of revenue annually. Founded in 2014, Placements.io is based in Seattle, WA with offices in New York City and London.
Funding (Series A) - VC’s include Microsoft Co-Founder, Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital and Revel Partners, a group of seasoned exec's who have led successful companies in ad tech and digital media.
This is a tremendous growth opportunity for a software sales pro with deep experience in the digital advertising space, who enjoys identifying and cultivating relationships that lead to new business opportunities to exceed revenue goals. The Account Executive will manage a list of premium accounts and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales, based in New York City. The role requires the ability to travel frequently.
- Prospect target accounts as well as accelerate all qualified leads assigned
- Lead sales presentations on the Placements.io order management system, to new prospects, focusing on the key features/functions leading to meaningful business outcomes
- Partner with Sales Engineering on all strategic pre-sales meetings to tailor the customer experience
- Partner with SVP and prepare proposed quotes and contracts for potential clients
- Control the deal cycle through contract negotiation and signing
- Leverage events and marketing collateral to compliment sales efforts
- Build and maintain an accurate sales pipeline and provide accurate forecasts
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue goals
- Present quarterly business review to SVP
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS / BA or experience equivalent
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- 5+ years SaaS sales experience with a proven successful track record
- Experience selling into media companies and a deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape preferred
- Experience with enterprise software such as OMS, Exchanges, SSP (supply-side platform), DSP (demand-side platform), DMP, CRM, ERP, and/or various ad technologies.
- Strong business acumen, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience and comfort in working directly with the C Suite
- Must be willing to travel frequently, as needed to close new business opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Early- Stage Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k match
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Regular Company Lunches & Happy Hours
- Gym membership reimbursement