Technical Program Manager Candidate Brief
Why Pizza Hut Digital Ventures
We love pizza. We eat it a lot. There’s no doubt about that and we’re proud of it. But what makes us different is that it’s our people that drive the success of our business.
At Pizza Hut, we are on a journey to build the most loved global brand and the fastest growing in every country; we have big plans over the next 5 years to achieve explosive growth in a competitive and ever growing market. We want to make it easy to get the best pizza and digital is at the core for this.
We have recently created a startup: Pizza Hut Digital Ventures, committed to building innovative digital solutions, providing our customers with an exceptional experience. From building a world-class platform and clean mobile experiences we are pushing the boundaries to ensure we are a source of innovation. We are beginning our Asia Pacific rollout in Tokyo and are looking for exceptional talent to join us on our journey. Did we mention there's free pizza?
Technical Program Manager – Vietnam or London
As the Technical Program Manager for Pizza Hut Digital Ventures in Vietnam or London, you will work efficiently and effectively with our global teams to launch the digital store in Japan. You will collaborate with our agile engineering, product and design team in London and Vietnam along with our Head Office team in Dallas and the partner in Japan to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to an aggressive roadmap.
Successful, on-time activation in Japan
What You’ll Do
- Shepherd projects from requirements through launch, including managing complex project schedules and triaging of issues
- You’ll be the main point of contact between London, Vietnam and Tokyo teams – ensuring that everyone is aligned on work priority and scope
- Project manage multiple cross-functional programs simultaneously with competing priorities and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Take responsibility for release communication, schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues and bottlenecks and resolve cross-team issues
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise
Who we’re looking for
You appreciate the ‘big picture’ while really caring about the tiny details and you’ll ensure nothing gets missed by being organised while working in a fast-paced environment.
You’re a problem solver and relish the opportunity to challenge and employ critical thinking to resolve business and process problems
You have a demonstrated track record of managing technology projects and proven experience leading cross-functional programs by holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables. Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risk management. Experience in multi-time zone project management would be valuable.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence the business and technology strategy
- Must have worked in IT or software companies