Hoodline powers local content discovery. We’re solving local through a machine-learning platform that we call Atlas. We tag and contextualize content from our partners, and we deeply analyze data from our platform and turn it into automated local content.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help us define and execute products based on all sorts of public and private data sets, with the end goal of figuring out the pulse of every city.
We currently offer a local content platform that provides relevant nearby articles, photos, and videos for our partners to help their consumers make better decisions about anything from where to eat lunch, to where to live.
We partner with 250+ publishers, including ABC television, McClatchy, Advance Digital, TripAdvisor and Vice, and do our own reporting to discover insights for major cities. We serve this information to partner's apps and sites including Uber, Eventbrite, and Yelp.
About the position:
As an early member of our Product team, this role will have an outsized impact on the future of Hoodline.
In this position, you will be responsible for helping build various products and API endpoints that sit on top of our platform, and that reach users wherever they are and work on our direct-to-consumer site. The primary focus is to run quick and iterative experiments to build products with the best user experience for information and content discovery, measured against optimal conversion rates and monetization. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams that span the company, from engineering to business development, to enable these experiments.
Our team has years of success in consumer tech, online and local media. We’re backed by a range of top tech investors including Rakuten, Greylock Partners, Disney, Social Capital, Graph Ventures, Charles River Ventures, Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors, Pear Ventures, Matter Ventures, John S. & James L. Knight Foundation, 500 Startups, and SoftTech VC. Angel investors include Joi Ito, Director of the MIT Media Lab, Cyan and Scott Banister, Ben Silbermann of Pinterest and Shane Smith of VICE.
- Experimentation driven vision, road mapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, defining product roll-out strategy
- Work cross-functionally with technical, editorial, business development on opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Use qualitative and customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders.
- 3-7 years of experience as a senior level product manager leading significant cross-organizational projects.
- A college degree or equivalent background required; business experience driving products that rely heavily on analytical modeling.
- Significant experience driving models for conversion funnels for online products required
- Experience with A/B experimentation tools required; comfort in working at a company where data really matters is a requirement.
- You will own high-profile launches on the product and must be able to influence those around you and drive business decisions using metrics.
- Radical and creative thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with rapidly changing business needs that is typical of a fast-growing company
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be product ambassador to the rest of the organization.
- Have an eye for compelling design, and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for user experience.
- Have technical experience necessary to interact with and understand engineering team and can quickly get up to speed on the distinctive nature of our system architecture, algorithms, and overall approach to content automation and personalization.
- Demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter who is unafraid to speak truth to power.
- Consumer web/mobile product experience at a hyper-growth company.
- Prior media-tech experience
- Passionate about data-driven products and rapid prototyping and testing.
- Curiosity about the local content and local news space.
- Positive personality with zeal for life.