The Strategy Director supports both strategic and content development efforts for the agency. The individual is responsible for taking a lead role Pivot’s discovery efforts, both facilitating and documenting sessions. The role collaborates with the Vice President Brand Strategy in authoring strategy presentations, and works within project teams to ensure that creative work aligns to the strategic imperatives and vision of our clients.
In conjunction with other members of the Strategy team, this individual delivers authentic and persuasive language for our clients and their projects while maintaining brand standards. The role plans and develops content and assists with articulating creative concepts across various media, including brand, print, sales and marketing materials; advertising; direct mail/direct response; email marketing; websites; and more.
The role is also responsible for the management, resource allocation, and mentoring of the Senior Writer and Writer positions. In addition, the individual works with the Digital Strategy Director to ensure all web and motion-related projects align with clients’ strategic goals.
- Support the VP Brand Strategy in facilitating and documenting discovery sessions
- Author and co-author strategic content for client presentations
- Serve as a strategist to clients, ensuring that all plans, programs, and assets align with established brand strategy
- Provide guidance to the creative team based on the creative brief, brand strategy, best practices, and knowledge of the client and their industry
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses, including their key issues and competitive situation
- Support the development of brand rollout plans
- Support new business development efforts on an as-needed basis, particularly in pitch development
- Manage and mentor Senior Writer and Writer roles
7+ years experience in strategy/communications preferred, involving work in a team dynamic and communicating and interfacing directly with clients. You must have hands-on content and strategy development experience. We require exceptional communication skills, especially the ability to verbalize your strategic rationales clearly and directly.