Picnic’s mission is to structure the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, giving them with control over their care through a personal health timeline
. We also partner with biotech, genomics, and pharma companies who sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for research volunteers. Through this work we’re building the data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. We’re going through a crazy period of 20x growth this year, coming off our recent Grand Prize finish in Google Cloud’s Machine Learning Startup Competition
At Picnic’s core is the service we provide to our users: collecting their medical records and extracting information in those records. We deliver this service through a combination of software and people. We automate as much as possible, and for the rest we leverage our operations team. To help build and improve operations, we’re looking for our first analyst.
As an early member of the team, you will lead analyses behind operations-wide initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about leveraging data to improve operations in the digital health space.
What you’ll do...
- Analyze various global operations problems related
- Identify, prioritize, and quantify areas of operational improvements
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Design and build business intelligence tools and dashboards for global operations teams
- Work closely with VP of Ops to identify, design and implement key success metrics for Operations
- Work with other members of the Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist different levels of management
What you’ll need...
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative focus
- 3-5 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company a plus
- SQL and Python fluency required
- Experience presenting data visually
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
You have to be ready to hustle! We move fast...done is better than perfect, and continuous improvement is important. You must be ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.