PicnicHealth is a San Francisco-based, venture-backed health tech startup with the mission of structuring the world’s medical data to make it useful. We give patients the first truly useful personal health record by doing all the legwork to collect medical records from any US provider and digitizing them to create a unified timeline
. Life Sciences companies sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for patients who consent to contribute their anonymized medical data to research registries -- patients get the PicnicHealth service free of charge, companies get critical data on how diseases look in the real world, and academic researchers get free access to data sets that drive cutting edge medical research.
Through Picnic Research, we partner with Life Sciences companies to build the Real World Evidence (RWE) data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge research. Our patient-centered strategy allows us to build RWE datasets that provide a complete, longitudinal picture of patient care, covering all of a patient’s providers and not limited by site or EMR system. Combined with a novel machine learning approach architected to drive real automation, we’re able to work across diseases and customize data abstraction to meet our customers’ specific research needs. We’re already delivering on a series of of partnerships with some of the largest players in pharma, academic research, and insurance with more deals on the horizon in this high-growth phase. We have some exciting announcements coming in the next few months.
As the Life Sciences Partnership Lead, you own the success of our most important Life Sciences Partnerships. You’ll represent PicnicHealth as a product expert and support our Life Sciences partners in advancing their research priorities using data generated through the PicnicHealth Research Platform. You’ll make sure we are seamlessly delivering on our current product offering, regularly exceeding client expectations, while also identifying and capturing new client-driven opportunities for growth.
To do this, you’ll need a deep understanding of the Life Sciences industry and an ability to manage high-stakes client relationships, anticipating client needs before they do. You’re a strong project manager, keeping multiple stakeholders and processes on track, and doing whatever it takes to make things happen. You also bring a collaborative, results driven leadership style that helps our cross-functional team quickly integrate client-driven innovations into our product offering. You are motivated to move fast and driven to improve patient lives.
Own the post-sales success of a portfolio of Life Sciences partnerships, which includes:
- Representing and championing PicnicHealth in day-to-day partnership management, as well as strategic business development;
- Driving successful execution of our contracts, including:
- Coordinating with multiple stakeholders within the partner organization,
- Scoping collaboration requirements with PicnicHealth’s product, clinical informatics, engineering, and operations teams to deliver on our contracts and orchestrating cross-functional collaboration to deliver on results,
- Contributing to study protocol development and liaising with the Institutional Review Board (IRB),
- Working with PicnicHealth’s patient recruitment team to ensure successful enrollment of targeted patient cohorts,
- In collaboration with our clinical data experts, guiding partners to get the most value out of the Picnic Research data set by understanding data recorded in routine clinical practice and identifying appropriate Real World Endpoints,
- Managing data delivery and feedback process, and
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Maintaining strong relationships with both executives and project teams across clients.
- Independently and proactively identifying new partner-driven business opportunities and leading new proposal development for your portfolio.
- Driving contract negotiation with support from the broader Life Sciences Partnerships team and CEO.
- Informing strategic direction of the the Life Sciences offering and go-to-market strategy through collaboration with the company’s CEO, CTO, and product, product marketing, technical, and operational teams.
- Analyzing results and reporting on partnership success for company management, Board of Directors, Life Sciences partners, and others.
- You’re a strong project manager that drives toward results and keeps multiple stakeholders and tasks on track with limited oversight.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You can influence and persuade others, regardless of the medium.
- You’re a strategic, analytical, and organized thinker. You can see opportunities where others don’t and you can see a clear path for how to make them reality.
- You have the interpersonal agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- You’re able to understand and analyze data with a high degree of comfort.
- You’re able to execute and deliver on concrete objectives while also taking a step back to translate your experiences to formulate strategy and improve processes.
- B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics or similar)
- Successful track record of client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as a life sciences oriented consulting firm, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firm, or health tech firm.
- Experience developing long term business relationships with large enterprises and experience owning client relationships.
- You get bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- Working in a fast growing tech company;
- Working in biomedical informatics, EMR data, or working with RWE or HEOR functions; and/or
- Driving deals to close and negotiating contracts.
- You’re interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies.
- You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re proactive and self-directed
- You’re motivated to be amazing in your role and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.