PicnicHealth’s mission is to structure the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, giving them with control over their care through a personal health timeline
. We also partner with biotech, genomics, and pharma companies who sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for research volunteers. Through this work we’re building the data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. We’re going through a crazy period of 20x growth this year, coming off our recent Grand Prize finish in Google Cloud’s Machine Learning Startup Competition
At PicnicHealth’s core is the service we provide to our users: collecting their medical records and extracting information in those records. We deliver this service through a combination of software and operations. We automate as much as possible, and for the rest we leverage our Operations team - operational excellence is a central and important part of PicnicHealth’s success. To help build and improve operations, we’re looking for our first Operations Manager.
As an early member of the Company and Operations team, you will lead and execute projects that address our most important operational challenges. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong project management and analytical skills, is independent and self-driven, has excellent time-management and organizational habits, and has the ability to clearly communicate and present information. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about improving operations in the digital health space.
What you’ll do…
- Problem solve. You’ll manage, own and solve problems, and make strategic decisions on what should be prioritized within Operations.
- Analyze data. You’ll leverage data to improve operations. You will, with help from colleagues, build the analytical frameworks and operational models to enable automation and efficiency gains.
- Improve and build processes and systems. You’ll identify, prioritize, and quantify process improvements. You’ll design, build and improve systems that contribute to operational excellence.
- Drive innovation. You’ll connect the dots and prepare the Operations team to tackle future challenges. You’ll anticipate and prevent bottlenecks before we hit them.
- Collaborate. You’ll work closely with Company leadership and other members of the Global Operations team. You’ll collaborate closely with all functional areas within the Company (Product, Eng, Sales & Marketing, BD, etc.) to deliver solutions.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution. At PicnicHealth, we move fast, and we deliver high-quality solutions for our patients. Balancing both will be challenging and you should be an expert at this.
- This role will initially be an individual contributor role. You'll be primarily responsible for managing problems, not people.
What you’ll need...
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking OR 4+ years of experience in operations at any high-growth tech companies
- Experience with data-based decision-making and exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong analytical skills (mastery of Excel is necessary, SQL fluency a plus).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships and communicate with a global team.
- Clear Communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- Expert project management skills. You have experience managing projects across multiple teams with demanding timelines.
- Excellent organization and time management systems.
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure swift resolution.
- Black belt in problem-solving.
You have to be ready to hustle! We move fast...done is better than perfect, and continuous improvement is important. You must be ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business within the digital health space.