PicnicHealth is a San Francisco-based, venture-backed digital health startup with the mission of structuring the world’s medical data to make it useful. We give patients the first truly useful personal health record by doing the legwork to collect medical records from all of their different doctors and digitizing them to create a unified medical timeline
. Through Picnic Research, we partner with Life Sciences companies (e.g. biopharma, genomics, academic research institutions, etc.) who sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for patients who consent to contribute their anonymized medical data to research registries. In turn, patients get the PicnicHealth service free of charge, companies get critical data on how diseases look in the real world, and academic researchers get free access to data sets that drive cutting edge medical research.
As the Strategic Partnerships Lead, you will be responsible for building the relationships that drive user adoption of PicnicHealth’s free service. To do this, you’ll source, build, and manage partnerships with patient advocacy groups, medical practitioners, other digital platforms, and individual patient influencers, among others. As our first Strategic Partnerships hire, you’ll be both executing on partnerships while developing a broader partnership framework that creates new, scalable channels for user adoption. Ultimately, you are responsible for extending the reach of the PicnicHealth platform.
To succeed in this role, you should be an exceptional relationship builder, strategic thinker and implementer, and skilled project manager. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats, doing what it takes to make things happen, and constantly iterating. You’ll be the first hire in this role, but we expect to continue building out this team, creating opportunities to specialize or take on a leadership role over time.
- Be relentless, creative, and systematic about building our brand among patient influencers (our partners) and, ultimately, patients;
- Develop a deep understanding of the patient landscape - broadly and in specific disease verticals - to help define our product vision and business strategy as it relates to patient-facing partners;
- Identify and bring on new partners that will drive adoption of the PicnicHealth’s free patient offering;
- Develop a strong understanding of what our partners need to feel confident in recommending PicnicHealth to their patients, and then work with our team to make sure they get that;
- Keep our partners engaged in the process and product so they feel like strong PicnicHealth Ambassadors;
- Manage all aspects of partnership structuring, negotiation, execution, and monitoring;
- Ensure quality and consistency across user adoption efforts by Life Sciences partners;
- Collaborate with internal product, engineering, and operations teams as needed to troubleshoot issues that arise and inform product improvements;
- Act as the expert on PicnicHealth’s user adoption capabilities, collaborating with our Life Sciences Partnerships (Customer Success) team as needed;
- Inform company strategy by helping establish a scalable partner framework; and
- Analyze results and report on partnerships outcomes for company management, Board of Directors, Life Sciences partners, and others.
- You’re able to build relationships and operations from scratch.
- You’re able to execute and deliver on concrete objectives while also taking a step back to translate your experiences to formulate strategy and improve processes.
- You’re able to develop creative partnerships, including negotiating contract terms, with a range of organizations and individuals, from academic researchers to C-level executives.
- You’re exceptionally good at listening and understanding the interests, needs, and points of view of a broad range of stakeholders - from patient activists to academic researchers to non-profit advocacy organizations - and structuring partnerships that benefit all parties involved.
- You have the gravitas, judgment, and communication skills to reliably represent PicnicHealth with Life Sciences and other partners.
- You have strong project management skills that drive toward results and keep multiple stakeholders and initiatives on track with limited oversight.
- You’re able to understand and analyze user data with a high degree of comfort.
- You’ve built something - process, relationship, product - from scratch.
- Track record of developing, signing, owning, and scaling external partnerships.
- Personal or professional experiences that give you a deep understanding of and empathy for the patient experience.
- Direct experience collaborating with advocacy organizations, medical providers, and/or academic researchers.
- Bonus points if you have any of the following experiences:
- Management consulting experience and/or MBA;
- Immediate consumer marketing experience and skills in growth marketing, demand generation, or related strategies; and/or
- Working in a fast growing tech company.
- You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re proactive and self-directed.
- You can speak with different people for many hours every day without losing steam.
- You’re motivated to be amazing in your role and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.