PicnicHealth is a San Francisco-based, venture-backed health tech startup with the mission of structuring the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, giving them with control over their care through a personal health timeline (see demo
). As a B2B2C company, we partner with biotech, genomics, and pharma companies that sponsor free PicnicHealth accounts for research participants. Through PicnicHealth, patients contribute their medical record data to create the data sets that are powering some of today’s most cutting edge medical discoveries.
As patient data becomes more and more important - both for patients and for research - PicnicHealth is scaling up quickly. Our most recent partnerships will yield 10x growth over the next 6 months alone.
You are responsible for PicnicHealth’s patient outreach and partnership work. This involves building PicnicHealth’s presence within patient communities for various medical conditions. Through these efforts, you will enroll eligible patients in research studies that give them free, sponsored access to PicnicHealth’s record collection and management services. Ultimately, you are responsible for driving the growth of our patient user base, contributing directly to company growth.
To succeed in this job, you should love communicating with different types of people, thinking strategically from different perspectives, wearing multiple hats, and making things happen to get results. You’ll be the first hire in this role, but we expect to continue building out this team, creating opportunities to specialize or take on a leadership role over time.
- Develop patient outreach strategy and execution plans with a focus on patients with specific medical conditions.
- Develop overall messaging for patient recruitment materials and websites. Work with design, copy, and business development functions to produce materials.
- Own partnership channels for reaching patients from end-to-end, including: identifying and researching potential partner organizations, reaching out to potential partners, developing partnership agreements (with support from business development as needed), maintaining relationships, and ensuring successful execution. Channels may include patient advocacy groups, research organizations, conferences, medical key opinion leaders, and digital health companies, among others.
- Approach and work with patient influencers and community leaders to spread the word about PicnicHealth within specific patient communities.
- Approach and work with academic research practitioners and other medical providers to spread the word about PicnicHealth with specific patient communities.
- Develop content marketing strategy and content ideas
- Use basic data and analytics as needed to assess and iterate on strategy.
- Pursue multiple outreach channels at once, rapidly assess feasibility and potential, iterate, and scale as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understands patients and the patient perspective
- Can speak with different people for many hours every day without losing steam
- Can travel at least once a month within the US to attend conferences and events and meet with different partners
- Is willing to try new things and continue iterating without getting discouraged
- Has some familiarity with the academic medical research context
- Has excellent writing skills and ability to produce content when needed
- Has familiarity with paid and unpaid search and social marketing, although these methods will not be our primary channels for recruitment
- Has the ability to independently drive analytics for their own work.
- Cares about empowering patients, medical research, and/or advancing digital health
- Is seeking a role in a fast-paced, result-driven environment